Congratulations to the 2013 Big Buck Contest Winners!
Typical – Ryan Provance, Net Score-180 0/8, Jefferson County
Non-Typical – Joshua Bruce, Net Score- 231 4/8, Adams County
Big Buck Drawing Winner – Charles Simpson
First Deer Drawing Winner- Cullen Wood
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All white-tailed deer taken legally within Mississippi during any prior hunting season are eligible to participate in the Magnolia Records Program. Only those deer taken during the 2013-2014 hunting season are eligible to participate in the Big Buck Contest.
- Mount must be registered under the name of the hunter who took and recovered the deer. Mounts not registered under the name of the hunter will be disqualified.
- Mounts must be brought to the Trade Mart between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m., Friday, August 1st, or between 9:00 and noon Saturday, August 2nd. Mounts may be removed only between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. Sunday, August 3rd, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The scorers will determine typical and non-typical classes during the scoring process. The minimal score for the purpose of the Magnolia Records Program is as follows:
•125 – Typical
•155 – Non-Typical
- When you register you will be given a receipt at the show. That receipt will allow you to pick up your mount on Sunday, August 3rd, between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m.
- All entrants of the Magnolia Records Program and the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza’s Big Buck Contest will receive a Certificate of Participation and will be entered into a drawing for a $300 cash prize. Winners of the Big Buck Contest will receive a ribbon, a certificate and will be photographed to be included in MWF’s magazine, Mississippi Wildlife. Announcement of the Big Buck Contest winners, gift certificate winner and cash-drawing winner will be held on stage, Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- If the deer has been officially Boone & Crockett, Longhunters, Pope & Young or Magnolia Records Program scored, please bring the official score record with your mount to the show.
All deer will be registered at the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza.
No entry fee is required. You will receive a pass to the show when you present your deer to be scored.