Congratulations to the 2014 Big Buck Contest Winners!
Big Buck Drawing Winner – Hunter Dees
First Deer Drawing Winner- Zack Blackwell
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All white-tailed deer taken legally within Mississippi during any prior hunting season are eligible to participate in the Magnolia Records Program. Only those deer taken during the 2014-2015 hunting season are eligible to participate in the Big Buck Contest.
- Mount must be registered under the name of the hunter who took and recovered the deer. Mounts not registered under the name of the hunter will be disqualified.
- Mounts must be brought to the Trade Mart between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m., Friday, July 31st, or between 9:00 and noon Saturday, August 1st. Mounts may be removed only between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. Sunday, August 2nd, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The scorers will determine typical and non-typical classes during the scoring process. The minimal score for the purpose of the Magnolia Records Program is as follows:
•125 – Typical
•155 – Non-Typical
- When you register you will be given a receipt at the show. That receipt will allow you to pick up your mount on Sunday, August 2nd, between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m.
- All entrants of the Magnolia Records Program and the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza’s Big Buck Contest will receive a Certificate of Participation and will be entered into a drawing for a $300 cash prize. Winners of the Big Buck Contest will receive a ribbon, a certificate and will be photographed to be included in MWF’s magazine, Mississippi Wildlife. Announcement of the Big Buck Contest winners, gift certificate winner and cash-drawing winner will be held on stage, Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- If the deer has been officially Boone & Crockett, Longhunters, Pope & Young or Magnolia Records Program scored, please bring the official score record with your mount to the show.
All deer will be registered at the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza.
No entry fee is required. You will receive a pass to the show when you present your deer to be scored.