Big Buck Contest!
2014 Magnolia Records Big Buck Contest!
All deer will be registered at the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza.
No entry fee is required. You will receive a pass to the show when you present your deer to be scored.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All white-tailed deer taken legally within Mississippi during any prior hunting season are eligible to participate in the Magnolia Records Program. Only those deer taken during the 2013-2014 hunting season are eligible to participate in the Big Buck Contest.
- Mount must be registered under the name of the hunter who took and recovered the deer. Mounts not registered under the name of the hunter will be disqualified.
- Mounts must be brought to the Trade Mart between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m., Friday, August 1st, or between 9:00 and noon Saturday, August 2nd. Mounts may be removed only between the hours of 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. Sunday, August 3rd, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The scorers will determine typical and non-typical classes during the scoring process. The minimal score for the purpose of the Magnolia Records Program is as follows:
•125 – Typical
•155 – Non-Typical
- When you register you will be given a receipt at the show. That receipt will allow you to pick up your mount on Sunday, August 3rd, between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m.
- All entrants of the Magnolia Records Program and the Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza’s Big Buck Contest will receive a Certificate of Participation and will be entered into a drawing for a $300 cash prize. Winners of the Big Buck Contest will receive a ribbon, a certificate and will be photographed to be included in MWF’s magazine, Mississippi Wildlife. Announcement of the Big Buck Contest winners, gift certificate winner and cash-drawing winner will be held on stage, Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- If the deer has been officially Boone & Crockett, Longhunters, Pope & Young or Magnolia Records Program scored, please bring the official score record with your mount to the show.